11 Fun Things to Do After Your Kauai Destination Wedding
If you’re looking for a spot to have a fun wedding, consider planning your destination wedding in Kauai. Known as the “Garden Isle,” Kauai is a mountainous island with many scenic waterfalls, and is a tropical playground for outdoor activities. During the honeymoon, you both might enjoy the bonding experience of riding on a zipline, or a romantic beach picnic on one of the sacred beaches. For those who like to golf, the island has some of the top pro golf courses.
After your Kauai wedding, here are some fun suggestions:
- Scuba dive. Home to some of the world’s best diving sites, Kauai offers a variety of courses to get you under water, checking out the marine life.
- Hike. There are so many hiking trails on Kauai, far to many to list here. One is the famous Kalalau trail which is an eleven-mile hike along the Napali coast. There are many other trails along the streams and beaches in all areas of the island.
- Surf. The surf is different depending on when you go. The north shore of the island gets waves in the winter months while the south shore gets waves in the summer months.
- Skydive. Kauai offers skydiving lessons for those interested in taking the jump. Since you jump with an instructor, all you have to worry about is having fun.
- Horseback ride. The backcountry of Kauai is home to trails, mountain pools, and waterfalls. Ride a horse to see it all and relax.
- Golf. Rated by sports magazines and experts, there are several golf courses on Kauai that can’t be missed. Many offer views of the ocean and range in difficulty.
- Take an ATV tour. Take an off-road tour to see the road less traveled. Only a few hours long, see some of the uninhabited wilderness that is home to rare birds and strange animals.
- Zipline Adventures. There are several ziplines on the island of Kauai for a real thrill. Some
- Charter Fishing. You can charter a fishing trip from one of the islands two harbors, Port Allen on the south shore, or Nawlliwili just out of Lihue.
- Ocean Boating. Take one of the scenic boat trips. You can enjoy a dinner cruise, or a snorkeling cruise to various spots around the island.
- Helicopter Rides. A real thrill is to see how diverse the island is by flying close above the terrain, you can even schedule a ride on the island’s search and rescue helicopters and experience the thrill of flying with no doors.
While there are many other things to do in Kauai, this list should be enough to get you started. Enjoy your wedding, and enjoy your honeymoon even more!